RESIDENTIAL SOLAR SOLUTIONS
Cut Your Energy Costs AND be More Environmentally Friendly
Is a solar electric system right for you?
Installing a solar electric, aka photovoltaic (PV) system can:
- Reduce your electric bills
- Help you contribute to a cleaner, healthier environment
- Provide a reliable and pollution-free alternative for generating electricity for you and your family
How do solar panels work?
Solar panels or photovoltaic (PV) modules convert sunlight to electricity. The solar panels produce DC electricity. An inverter converts the DC power to AC electricity and sends this electricity to your existing circuit breaker panel where it is then distributed for ordinary household needs. In a typical non-rural application where utility power is reliable and well-maintained, the system will be “grid-connected” or “grid-tied”. Grid-tied systems can supply solar generated power to your home and use utility power as backup. A grid-tied system will utilize a feature known as net metering.
At times your solar system may produce an amount of electricity in excess of your current needs. Net Metering allows this excess production to be “sold” back to UI (United Illuminating) or Eversource (formerly CL&P). Conversely, when you require an amount of electricity in excess of what is being produced by your system, your needs will be supplemented through the purchase of electricity from your local utility company.
FREE, no obligation site assessment.
Contact us today to learn what your energy savings could be with your residential solar solution.
Home Solar Savings & Advantages
You realize significant savings by taking advantage of qualifying incentives and tax credits. Anxious about the mountains of paperwork? Don't worry, we help you navigate the options and take care of all the paperwork for qualifying programs, including:
- FREE Home Solar Evaluation & Analysis
- Home Solar Frequently Asked Questions
- Home Solar Incentives & Financing
Our solutions provide real, long term value. We can provide you with direct access to your production numbers online in real time.
If you would like to learn more about solar PV systems, play the video below to see how PV systems work.
The Home Solar Project Progression
- Initial Consultation – A simple phone call is all it takes to get a preliminary assessment of the solar potential of your site. If, after discussing you possibilities with one of our consultants, you wish to take some next steps, we will send our team to do a FREE, no obligation comprehensive site evaluation.
- Comprehensive Site Evaluation – One of our experts will visit your home to assess the actual conditions of the site and further discuss your goals and expectations. We will evaluate shading, orientation, roof pitch, and dimensions. We will also examine your electrical service panel to determine the best method for interconnection.
- Discussion of Findings – Shortly after the site evaluation findings have been analyzed, we will contact you to discuss the options available to you. We will present you with a comprehensive evaluation that includes layout, electricity savings versus current usage, and full financial summary.
- Contract – After all questions have been answered and you are fully prepared and comfortable moving forward with the process we will draw up a contract for your review and approval.
- Preparing for Installation – Prior to actual installation there are several actions that need to be completed. They include incentive applications, any necessary engineering studies, building permits, and interconnection agreements. Sun-Wind Solutions handles this entire process for you and these activities are all included in the price of your contract.
- Installation – Once everything is in place, our team will commence with your installation. A typical residential installation takes between three and five days. Upon completion, we will walk you through the entire system.
- Inspections and Commissioning of Your System – Two final inspections are required prior to going “live” with your system. They include a building / electrical inspection and a witness test by your local utility company. If you are taking advantage of a State rebate or incentive, an additional inspection may be required after the system has been put into service.
Ready to Get Started?
The process begins with a free, no obligation on site evaluation. Just click the "Get Started" button.
Sun Wind Solutions, LLC
We provide Residential solar solutions across Connecticut including Fairfield, Norwalk, New Canaan, Westport, Danbury, New Haven, Middletown, Stamford, and New London.
We are certified by the Connecticut Clean Energy Finance Investment Authority (CEFIA) and a member of NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Professionals). We are fully insured and have a CT HIC license.
Call us today to get started at 203-255-3714.